Friday, August 1, 2014

Stitch Fix Review 2 - Summer 2014

Yippee!  My 2nd Stitch Fix has arrived.  I loved the experience of receiving my own personalized Fix so much the first time that I immediately signed up to receive my 2nd package.  Stitch Fix did not ask me to review their product, I just wanted to pass the experience along to you!  


Have you heard of Stitch Fix?  If not, you can read more about my first Fix here!  Stitch Fix is a fabulous fashion retail company that assigns you a personal stylist who handpicks you a "Fix" of 5 clothing items and accessories (based on your style profile) and delivers them right to your front door.  Each Fix is customized to your unique taste, budget, and lifestyle.

You are not obligated to purchase anything, shipping is FREE, and the initial $20 you pay when you schedule your first fix is deducted from the price of any items you purchase.

No time to shop?  No problem!  Schedule your Fix and 5 amazing pieces, picked just for you, will arrive at your door for you to try on in the convenience of your own home.  If you choose to keep all 5 pieces you get an additional 25% discount off the total price of your package.  If you would like to send a piece back you just pop it in the enclosed envelope, stick it in your mailbox, and it ships back for free!


My box arrived beautifully wrapped and I had a personalized letter addressed to me from my new personal stylist, Heather.  I love how she mentioned specifics from my Pinterest page and my blog!


Styling cards are included with examples and ideas for each piece.  I love these because they give great ideas for what to wear.

When I scheduled my Fix I was hoping for some fun back to school outfits that I could wear while teaching.  I still have a few weeks before the first day of school, but I have more than enough casual clothes in my closet.  I wrote to my stylist that I needed a few stand out pieces that would be comfortable, stylish, and cute.  Last time, I received a lot of white pieces so I made sure to check off white as a color that I did not wish to receive this Fix, and they listened!  Check out the variety of fabrics, patterns, and colors this time!


Alright, enough jibber jabber, here is what I got in my 2nd Fix:

Daniel Rainn Minal V-Neck 3/4 Sleeve Solid Blouse - $68.00

The first thing I noticed about this shirt was the beautiful and flattering pink color.  I don't have much pink in my wardrobe but it's definitely one of the colors I gravitate towards.  I love the fine details of this shirt and the fabric was light weight and perfect for warmer weather.


Initially my concern was with the see-through fabric.  Although, with a tank top underneath it looks fairly conservative.


Final Verdict - Kept!


Sanctuary Tony Cotton Cargo Skinny Pant - $88.00

I loved the color and fabric of these pants.  The cargo pockets were perfect for storing my continuous glucose monitor and what ever else floats my boat.  However, they were too tight around my ankles, a little short, and the waist was too big. Unfortunately, they just didn't fit like I hoped they would. I made sure to change my size on my styling profile.  Hopefully the loose waist on these pants is a sign that my post-baby belly is finally taking a hike.



Final Verdict - Sent Back!


Le Sample Kahlo Embroidered Solid Tank - $48

I absolutely love this tank top.  I have trouble finding tanks that flatter my form and don't look frumpy or too teenager-ish.  This top not only fit perfectly, but looked cute with the stitched pattern on the front.  I love the dark navy color with the light blue pattern.  Score!


This tank has a lovely racer back which adds a little style and flair.


Final Verdict - Kept!


Peppermint Elisa Sleeveless Multi Print Hi-Low Dress - $68

I feel in love with this dress as soon as I pulled it out of the box.  The pattern and color is adorable.  The fabric is super comfy and light weight.


Although this dress is a little longer in the back, I'm concerned about the length in the front.  I usually make sure my dresses and skirts come down to my knees when I teach.  Although super cute, I think this might be a little too short to wear to school.


Final verdict - Undecided


41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan - $48

This cardigan was my favorite piece.  I am a sucker for mint green and I don't have a cardigan yet in this color.  Best feature?  The fabric is super soft. 

Not only does it work well with many of the pieces I already own, but it is so comfy I feel like I am wearing a cloud of love.
 


Final verdict - KEPT!!!

Matching these two together makes me want to keep the dress more and more.  What do you think?


I'd love to hear your opinions!  Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Stitch Fix

Want to snag your own Stitch Fix?  Use my referral link here.  By going through this link you will help me feed my next Fix!


....and while you are at it, check out some other Stitch Fix Reviews at A Whimsicle Life.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Thanks for linking up! I love the embroidered tank and cardigan so much that I pinned it to my Stitch Fix board and am requesting them for my next fix :-)

JoAnn
Whimsicle