Saturday, May 9, 2015

Northeastern TPT Meet-Up

Wow, it is hard to believe a week has already flown by since I attended the Northeastern Teachers Pay Teachers Meet-Up last Saturday.  I've had a lot of questions from followers in regards to what the day was like so I figured I'd share my adventure with you in a little blog post.

***Thank you to Mary Beth from Brain Waves Instruction and Donna Tyler from Worth a Thousand Words for providing some of the photographs that appear in this post!***

Since I was unable to attend the TPT Conference in Vegas this year I jumped at the opportunity to attend this much closer conference in Binghamton, NY.  Fortunately, it was only about an hour and half drive from my home in Auburn.

I prepared for the big day by creating and printing some business cards on card stock...


....printing the notes for today's workshops and presentations...


....putting together a gift bag for the teacher tool exchange....


...and creating a gift basket of teacher supply goodies for the big giveaway!


Upon arriving I was immediately overwhelmed by all the friendly faces, new knowledge, collaboration, as well as the amazing decorations and goodies sprawled throughout the room.



I'd like to send a HUGE thank you to all the wonderful ladies who made today possible.  There time and dedication to this conference did not go unnoticed.



There were many amazing donors who helped make today's conference possible.

TPT donated fabulous tote bags and water bottles for each teacher...


... as well as a scrumptious breakfast for all participants and presenters.




We each got a swag bag full of awesome goodies, a raffle prize, and a teacher exchange tool bag.


I selected an amazing bag from Kelsey at Kiddie Kreations by Kelsey.  I'm always on the look out for a stapler that can survive the classroom and so far, the One Touch has lived up to Kelsey's praises.



A photo booth was set up in the corner of the room for TPT sellers to take selfies and group shots.




That is me with the fabulous Susan from The Math Spot and Jackie from The Template Teacher.

Overall, the day was filled with an overwhelming amount of knowledge, tips, tricks, and collaboration with some of the best teachers and TPT sellers I have ever met.  The enthusiasm and energy in the room was unlike anything I had ever seen before.


I know many of the tips and tricks that I learned will help me to improve the materials that I create for the classroom in many ways.  I can't wait for summer to come so that I can get to work editing and revising some of my old products, as well as creating new.

Hopefully you are feeling a little inspired to attend a TPT conference near your home town, or even better, to attend the conference in Vegas.

No comments: