Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gender Reveal and Tried it Tuesday - Book Exchange

EEEKKKK.....and now for the moment you've all been waiting for.

Boy or Girl.....Girl or Boy???? 

My hubby thought for sure our first baby was destined to be a boy.

My mom and friends thought I was carrying like I was going to have a boy.

Is it a boy.....or girl????
I am thrilled to announce....our first baby is a little GIRL!!!


Meet Baby Natalie!



On the last day of school one of my teacher friends slipped me a piece of paper with the instructions to follow in order to participate in a fun Book Exchange.

With sweet baby Natalie on the way I thought it would be a great opportunity to receive some books to build up her personal library.  Plus, I can't wait to receive packages in mail with her little name on it.



So the exchange in simple.  All you have to do is send a picture book to the child next on the list.  I purchased a book from Amazon so that I wouldn't have to go to the post office (I know, I'm lazy).  Then the important part....I had to pass the form on to 6 more mommy or teacher friends who would like to receive books for their child, children, or classroom.

The hope is, as the exchange grows, baby Natalie will receive 36 new books to add to her collection.

This is one of those "tried-its" that's currently in progress but I'm hoping (fingers crossed) will work out well.

Want to join in the fun? Comment below with your email address and I'll send you the form so that YOU too can participate in the Book Exchange.  36 free books????  Sign up for that!!!  Then head on over to Fourth Grade Flipper's blog to check out all the other fabulous Tried it Tuesday blog posts.




6 comments:

Elementary AMC said...

Congratulations! Books are my favorite gift to give at baby showers!

Brandee Green said...

Congratulations! What a fabulous idea. :)
~Brandee
Creating Lifelong Learners

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I was pregnant last summer with my baby boy. I live in Texas and it is rarely under a 100 during the summer, so I spent a lot of time indoors blogging! Hope your pregnancy is smooth and sweet!

Dixie
Teachin Little Texans

Fourth Grade Flipper said...

Wow!! Congratulations! I missed you original announcement so I was so surprised to see your great news! Girls are just awesome and our first born was a girl too:)
~Holly
Fourth Grade Flipper

Bethany Hunter said...

Congratulations! I love the book idea!

Leah said...

Congrats!!! :)

blustahr@yahoo.com