Sunday, April 19, 2015

ATB Challenge - Week 5

Welcome back blogging buddies for week 5 of our ATB Challenge!


Every Sunday I will be posting a new challenge for you to try out.   Each challenge will be geared toward eradicating teacher burnout in the long run.  Challenges consist of simple activities, or suggestions, that will encourage a healthy lifestyle, stress-free living, and positive thinking that will benefit you both inside and outside of the classroom.

Here is your Week 5 Challenge:


Spring has finally sprung.  So, what are you waiting for?  Get outside and enjoy the increasingly nice weather.

Enjoy the sun, smell the fresh air, enjoy the sound of the birds chirping.  Walking can be extremely relaxing.


Check out all the many varied benefits of walking here.


This is by far my favorite challenge.  Most nights my husband, daughter, two dogs, and I go for a long walk to the park.  It is about a 3 mile round trip walk.  Getting outside in the fresh air and moving lifts my spirit, helps my body relieve any tensions built up from teaching, clears my mind, and provides my husband and I some time to talk.

Don't have time for a nightly 3 hour walk?  I don't blame you!

Try these tips to get more steps into your day:

1 - Set small goals.  15 minutes here, 10 minutes there.  Eventually the walking time will add up.  Every little bit helps.

2 - Find a walking partner.  This could be your spouse, child, neighbor, best friend, or dog.  Anyone could be your walking partner.  Not only will they enhance your walking enjoyment, but they will encourage you to get out and walk more often.

3 - Walk to the store.  If the store is too far away, park further away.

4 - Plan your time.  If you schedule in your walk you will be more likely to do it.


So what are you waiting for?  Stop reading and go for a walk.

Then tune in next Sunday for Week 6.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great post! I used to go for walks each evening with my kids until they stopped taking walks. I've gotta start doing that again! Thanks for the reminder.
What I Have Learned