Monday, July 13, 2015

Robot Theme Teacher Toolbox Labels for Monday Made It

Well, I've finally made up my mind.  This school year my classroom theme will be...

ROBOTS

...and I have already begun collecting, customizing, and creating new materials to match my theme.

I've decided to post about my teacher toolbox for Monday Made It!


Coincidentally, the first time I created a teacher toolbox was a few years ago, when I also had a robot theme.  You can view that post here.


Back then my color scheme was a little different and my computer skills were still developing.

This year I plan to integrate my primary colored plastic bins with my other classroom decor so my toolbox was in need of a little face lift.

I created the new labels for my teacher toolbox in Power Point with Krista Wallden's borders and robot clipart.  I printed them on thick paper.


Then I ran them through my trusty laminator for durability.



I cut out each label and taped them to the outside of each drawer.  Last time I taped them to the inside of each drawer but the color pops more from the outside.

Here is a peak at the final product:



All that I have left to do is restock each drawer with new supplies.

Want to create your own teacher toolbox labels?  Download the template here.



Create, print, cut, and tape them on to your own toolbox.  Easy peasy!

Check out all the other Monday Made It's at Tara's blog, Fourth Grade Frolics.


Have a teacher toolbox of your own?  Share a photo with me on my Facebook page!  I'd love to see your personal creations!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So, so cute! I made a teacher toolbox this summer too. Very excited to use it.

ES said...

I love your teacher toolbox! I have seen the labels on both the inside and the outside. You are right, the colors do pop more when it is on the outside. I wonder if they get ripped/ worn though? You will have to let us know!

Your computer skills have really improved. I am at the level you were with your first toolbox. I need to get better!

Unknown said...

I am in need of revamping my toolbox too! Thanks for the template. I made mine without a template last time - this will make it so much easier!

Unknown said...

Your labels are so much cuter than mine. How did you get pens and scissors to fit?!?!?!

Unknown said...

Love these. What is the name of the font you used?

Would you consider selling a set?

Mrs. Wiley said...

These are such cute labels. I actually decided to get rid of my desk this year and bought myself a teacher tool box. I haven't had a chance to label it yet, but I hope I can make mine look cute too. Thanks for sharing :)

@ Wiley Teaching

Creative Undertakings said...

LOOOOVE!! Those robots are the CUTEST.

Anisa @ Creative Undertakings