Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Business Side

Each day I anxiously await the arrival of our mailman in hopes that he has a special package with my name on it.

However, more recently, I have been waiting for a package with a different name....my business name, Elementary School Garden.

That is because I have recently decided to turn my little blog, Teachers Pay Teachers Store, and everything in between into a small business.  An S Corp to be exact.

What is an S Corp you ask?

An S Corp, also referred to as S Corporation, is a special type of corporation created through an IRS tax election.

Why would I want to be an S Corp?

Simply put, to avoid double taxation.

How do you pay taxes for your Teachers Pay Teachers earnings?
What expenses can you deduct?
What kind of paperwork do you need to complete?
How did you become a corporation?
Do you have a business plan?
How did you design your blog?
How do you know what to blog about?
How do you upload products to Teachers Pay Teachers?
Dare I say C-C-C-Copyright?????
How do you advertise?
What about social media?

Ah, so many questions.

Every day I receive questions from loyal followers and new Teachers Pay Teachers sellers in regards to the business side and that is why I have decided to devote a little time each week to answer some of the business questions that come along with working as a teacher, maintain a household, and raising a family, all while running a small business, such as selling products on Teachers Pay Teachers.


Tune in every Thursday to hear about the business side of Elementary School Garden.

I am by no means an expert, but join me on this crazy journey, and we can learn from each other.

Have a question about selling on Teachers Pay Teachers, blogging, or running a small business?  Comment below and I will try to answer all of your questions over the next few weeks!

1 comment:

Alison Rose said...

This will be a fabulous series. I am really excited to read all of the answers you have to the questions that you wrote above!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'