Monday, November 5, 2012

November Monday Made It

This past weekend I have been running around like a turkey with her head cut off trying to get all my Monday Made It's post ready in time for Monday.

To start off with, I made some more dice shakers to use during the start of our multiplication unit this week.


I found these adorable turkey and scarecrow containers at Michaels on sale in the clearance area.  Funny how Thanksgiving items are on sale right along with the Halloween stuff.  I shouldn't complain.  I swiped them up and got a steal of a deal.

I filled them up with water, plopped two shinny dice in each one, screwed the cover back on and then went around the cover with glue so that they will stay closed tight.


 Students will start using these little dice shakers this week during our math center rotation.  I created a turkey themed multiplication unit to supplement our curriculum.  It includes worksheets, games, and centers for multiplication properties and problems from 0 x 0 all the way to 12 x 12.  Check it out here at my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.




I also created a book review tree.  The theme?  We are Thankful for Good Books.  I got the idea for a book review tree on pinterest from Lessons with Laughter.


I plan on displaying this in my classroom this week.  Students will take a leaf, write the title and author of their favorite book on one side, and why they are recommending it on the other.  They will then hang the leaves off the tree.


I made the tree with branches from Target.  I would have grabbed a branch from our backyard but it has been raining for a week and  I wanted something dry.  I placed it in a pot I found at Micheals, buried the wires and battery box under some pebbles, and ta da...this is how it came out.


Best part is....it lights up!  Sparkle sparkle!


I also created some Turkey on a Stick writing prompts.  I plan to have my students use these during writing centers or for when they finish their writing early.


 I found the cute little pail in the dollar section at Target.  Target has all their fall stuff on clearance for 70% off right now.  So, the pail only cost $0.30.


I have the templates for my Thankful for Good Books tree and Turkey on a Stick Prompts inside my Thanksgiving Writing Prompts pack.  Also included are letter writing, stationary, and story element dice.  Check it out here at my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.


Want a copy of my Turkey Time Multiplication or Thanksgiving Writing Prompts?  The first 3 people to comment will get a copy of their choice for FREE.  Just tell me which one you want and how you will use it in your classroom!  For everyone else, both products will be 20% off at my Teachers Pay Teachers store until the end of today (Monday, November 5th).  Pop on over now!

 Want to see more Monday Made Its?  What are you waiting for?  Head on over to Tara's blog for Monday Made it!


9 comments:

Cherie said...

This looks great!
cheriemae@gmail.com

Cherie said...

Hit the publish comment too fast! I would love the Turkey Times Multiplication Facts. I am homeschooling so this would be a great resource for my kiddo!
cheriemae@gmail.com

Pat's Paper Passion said...

The time between Halloween and Christmas is always crazy. Thanks for your ideas for Thanksgiving...I sometimes don't think we are THANKFUL enough.
patbaker67@gmail.com
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Both products look great! If I'm one of the 1st 3, I'd love the Thanksgiving Writing Centers.

Thanks!
Cathy VerSteeg
cathy@missversteeg.com
www.missversteeg.com

Tara said...

I love your dice shakers!! So cute! Your multiplication unit looks awesome:) I love the spin on Molly's Book Tree:) Great ideas! Thanks for linking up:)))

4th Grade Frolics

A Teacher Without a Class said...

I love the dice shakers and the gratitude tree! What a great idea.

Mrs. Leeby said...

So cute! You have been so busy and made the best stuff! I am so motivated right now. :)
Irene
Learning With Mrs. Leeby


Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

I love the dice shakers, so cute.

Terri
thefirstgradeprincess.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Super cute stuff! I have been looking for branches, but didn't think to check Target. Thanks!

Emily
I Love My Classroom