Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Storyline Online for Tried it Tuesday

This week, for Tried it Tuesday, I'd like to share with you a fabulous (and free) website:  Storyline Online.


This site is brought to you by the Screen Actors Guild Foundation and showcases YouTube videos of famous actors reading popular children's books.


The site also includes activity guides to accompany each book with activities and information about the book and author.


If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet make sure you do!  Storyline Online is a wonderful site to use during reading center rotations, for small group or whole group instruction.

Photobucket

Check out what everyone else has tried on Holly's blog, Fourth Grade Flipper.


5 comments:

The Math Spot said...

LOVE Storyline online! Back when we had a listening portion to our state testing we would listen to the story once just to get the jist and then would listen again and take notes. It was a great scaffold for kids who weren't quite ready to go to a 100% auditory approach but who needed to practice taking notes and writing from their notes.

Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

Fourth Grade Flipper said...

I love that this is free and looks so engaging for the students. I have already pinned it to explore more later! Thank you so much for linking up, Jennifer:)
~Holly
Fourth Grade Flipper

Think, Wonder, and Teach said...

What a great site! Thanks for sharing!!

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Bethany Hunter said...

I used this site when I lost my voice earlier this school year. I chose books from here for my mini-lessons in Reading and Writing Workshop.
I found your blog from the linky. I'm a new follower.
Hunter's Tales from Teaching

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.