Monday, June 15, 2015

Sensory Bin for Monday Made It

Over the weekend, Natalie and I gathered supplies to create our first sensory bin of the summer.  I plan on making a few of these over our vacation together.  Sensory bins serve has a great tactile tool for toddlers and primary students to explore and develop basic life skills, fine motor skills, language, and more.


I snagged a storage bin from Walmart, a few bags of beans, sand box toys, little plastic dinosaurs, measuring cups and spoons from the Dollar Tree.


Natalie had a ball practicing digging, scooping, and pouring while we talked about burying and locating the rainbow assortment of dinosaur friends..


The whole bin was created for around $10.


Check out all the other Monday Made It's at Tara's blog, Fourth Grade Frolics.

2 comments:

The Daily Alphabet said...

My MMI for today was materials for my sensory tubs as well!!! I love using materials that you can purchase at the store!!!

Angela
The Daily Alphabet

Write On, Fourth Grade! said...

I will have to make this for my 17-month-old son... he's very busy! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah McMurrough
Write On, Fourth Grade!