Friday, June 12, 2015

Five for Friday - Big News and Updates

Wow, it is hard to believe that our school year is coming to an end!  Summer vacation is just around the corner and I have a few major announcements to share.  Take a peak at my crazy, insane, whirlwind of a week as I link up with h Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!



We have continued to work through Engage NY's ELA Module 3A Unit 3.  This unit focuses on writing an editorial about which simple machine is the most helpful.  Students worked with small groups to further research a simple machine of their choice.  

They created a poster outlining evidence that supported their statement.  


Then they completed a graphic organizer in preparation for writing their editorial.




My fourth grade class visited the fifth grader's Wax Museum in the gymnasium.  


The fifth graders selected a sports hero to research and then shared their new knowledge with us.  This aligned nicely with their ELA Module learning.



Ok, now for some BIG news!

My husband and I have listed our house for sale.


If you know anyone looking for a cute, move-in ready ranch, with multiple updates in Auburn, NY, send them our way!

Check out our listing here.


Now, for the reason we are moving....

more BIG news....

I will be teaching fourth grade next school year, 

but 

in a NEW SCHOOL DISTRICT 

closer to Syracuse, NY.


Words can not even begin to describe how happy I am.  After lots of research, I am sure this district is the perfect fit for me and my family.

If the stars align, we are hoping to move over the summer so that we will live in the town in which I teach before the new school year begins.


Thank goodness the weekend is finally here so that I can spend my weekend with my precious Mini-Me!!!


Natalie and I will be hitting up some playgrounds and walking to the park in between prepping and cleaning for our first open house.

 What have you been up to this week?

1 comment:

The Teacher's Desk 6 said...

Congratulations on your new teaching position and much good luck with selling your home!

Angela