Saturday, June 9, 2012

Need Help - Back to School Themes

Last summer I found these adorable frogs from Tend Enterprises.  I used them for my frog back to school theme.  I love them because they are bright, colorful, and fun!

T-10969 Frog-tastic!™ Classic Accents® Variety PackT-72370 Frog-tastic!™ Note Pad–RectangleT-92640 Frog-tastic!™ Frolic Terrific Trimmers®


Luckily, I was smart enough to laminate them this year so I can reuse them for a future frog theme a few years down the road.

However, now I am faced with the challenge of deciding upon a new theme.  Usually this comes easy to me.  I have 2 weeks left of school.  Usually by now I've already decided on what I want.  This year, I'm clueless.

I originally decided to go back to a cooking theme next year.  Except, rather than with pizza, I was going to go with cupcakes.  Trend also has an extremely cute bake shop design.

T-8350 Happy Birthday Bake Shop™ Bulletin Board SetT-69211 Cupcakes (The Bake Shop™) Desk Toppers® Name PlatesT-10979 Cupcakes (The Bake Shop™) Classic Accents® Variety Pack


Why can't I just stick with this adorable cupcake theme?  Two reasons:  1.  My friend Amanda is using a cupcake theme for her 4th grade classroom next year and I don't want to look like a copycat.  2.  I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes 2 1/2 months ago.  Looking at cupcakes every day will just be a sad reminder of how I can no longer eat them as often as I'd like.  At this point, I just don't think I can do it.

So, I need your help!  What classroom themes are you thinking about for next year?  I am in desperate need of inspiration!

5 comments:

The Colorful Apple said...

Haha my mom just bought me those frogs! She saw them on clearance at Staples and thought that I just HAD to have them! Apparently I'll have a frog theme next year too!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Think, Wonder, and Teach said...

Oh I love the cupcakes and hadn't seen those before. I am going with a black, white, and red theme. This way I can buy lots of things in these colors and then switch it out each year with small touches. For example, I could do a movie theme, ladybug theme, disney theme, fireman & dalmatian theme, racecar theme, ummm... you get the idea.

I can't wait to see what you choose!

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Katie said...

awww the cupcakes are too cute! I don't have any ideas because I'm super bad at themes!! HaHa. I tried last year and it failed. I go for more a "color pallet" theme. I'm going to do black with bright accent colors.... I think? :)

Katie
Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

Anonymous said...

I like polka dots.

Sara {Miss V's Busy Bees} said...

I think the cooking thing is creative! I would love to see a classroom all decked out in cooking themes. I also like nautical/beachy/oceany themes, but that's just me! I'm a new follower to your blog - you've got some really cute stuff! Come see me sometime and give me some feedback as I'm new to the blogging and teaching world!

Sara
Miss V's Busy Bees