Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthday Balloons and Light Bulbs

This has been the craziest week of summer.  I have quite a few "made-its" but most of them are not post-ready.  Soooo.....your going to have to wait until next week, or the week after that to see.  I do, however, have two quick things to share:


I got the bright idea for the light bulbs from There's No Place Like Second Grade.  I cleaned out the dollar section at Target and purchased all the light bulbs they had.  They are amazing little stress balls that will serve as a perfect brain boost for my little ones who are stuck coming up with an idea.  I can't wait to try them out this year.


I'm not sure where the idea for the birthday balloons first originated.  I found out about them last summer on ProTeacher.  I love that site!  So many great ideas from teachers who love to share!  Got a question?  Post it there and your sure to get a great response.  I apologize for not having a link to this great resource.  If you recognize them and know who created them let me know and I'll copy their link into my post!

Well, that's all for now, but I promise I have more coming.  Stay tuned ... and while you wait, link up with Tara for Monday Made It!


11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the lightbulb idea! I better make up my mind on whether I want to use this idea in my classroom!

Brandi said...

I love the lightbulb idea but haven't been able to find them at my Target! Guess it's time to venture out!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade

Unknown said...

Great job! :)
Tracey
Third Grade All Stars

Fancy Free in 4th said...

I love the light bulbs!
Check out my Monday Made it here:

Fancy Free in Fourth
Layla

Sarah Plum said...

So glad you were able to find the lightbulbs! I haven't seen any in mine since I posted it!

Sarah
There's No Place Like Second Grade

Unknown said...

Love your projects!

Dee
Mrs. B's Nook

A Teacher Without a Class said...

I love the birthday balloons! Great job!

Second Grade Chatter said...

Love your projects!! I'm so sad because our Target is fresh out of Light Bulbs!!

Sara said...

I'm so jealous! My Target doesn't have any of those light bulbs...and I haven't had the motivation to drive around to search for some in neighboring towns... hehe! So cool that you were able to clean them out! :)

~Sara~
Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

Anonymous said...

I love the birthday balloons and have seen them and need to do them!! Where did you find the balloons? Or did you create your own?

Come on over and check out my giveaway! I'm a new follower of yours!

Keeping It Core

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.