Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Jack Freebie

Here in New York we are standing by, waiting to see what Hurricane Sandy will bring.  Will school be closed?  Will our power be out?  Only time will tell.  Being the paranoid teacher that I am, I have been busy today writing out all my plans for this week and preparing just in case there are any cancellations.  I live about an hour away from school so there is also the chance that, for what ever reason, the storm hits hard and I can't make it to school but our school is still open.  So I have been busy preparing for any and all possible scenarios.

One book that we will be reading on Monday is Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbell.  This book is great for practicing sequencing.  I've created two little worksheets for you to swipe for free.  One is short response questions that go along with the book and the other is a cut, paste, and write sequencing sheet.



Hopefully they will be useful this week with Halloween creeping up on us!  Enjoy, and if you are on the east coast...stay safe!

1 comment:

The Wild Rumpus said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Last year, we missed 7 days of school due to the October snowstorm in CT. I was on high alert every day for whether I had to work, kids had school, when power would come on, etc. I've decided to "enjoy" it this year by seeing it as an opportunity to catch up, hang out with my kids, etc. What else can you do!