Tuesday, December 31, 2013

1 for Me - New Year's Resolution for 2014

This New Year's Eve I'm taking a moment to link up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her linky party - 1 for Me!


Although I have many resolutions for 2014 (exercise, eat healthy, balance life, create more for TPT, blog more, be the best mom, wife, and teacher that I can be, etc...) there is 1 resolution that is an absolute must for me to complete.

My number 1 resolution is to develop a new, healthy, and positive mindset.

I am a very anxious and tenacious person my nature.  For the most part, I use the extra energy to drive me and push me forward.  However, occasionally my anxiety, and need to be in control, gets the best of me.

This year I want to learn how to handle stressful situations better by tackling them with a more positive mindset.

I stumbled across Angela Watson's blog: The Cornerstone.  She has an awesome book that I have purchased called Awakened.  I'm hoping this book will empower me to develop a resilient, flexible, and positive mindset so that I can change my perception to tackle every day setbacks so they feel less stressful.  I hope to learn how to let go of what I can not control and to live beyond my feelings to stay motivated even when I don't see immediate results.  In a job that's truly never done, I hope to realize a sense of accomplishment on a daily basis.


I hope by feeling more peaceful and energized, despite what is happening around me, I will be a better teacher, a better wife, and a better mom.  I hope reading this book will help to renew my mindset so that I can have a fresh approach to the challenges of teaching.

What other books have you read that helped build a positive mindset?  I'd like to find a few more that will help to inspire me to better deal with daily stress and anxiety.

Along with my search for inspirational reading I also joined Angela's Facebook group:  Encouraging Teachers.  I also plan to surround myself with positive people, work on living a healthy lifestyle (with more exercise, healthy food, and sleep), working hard, and most importantly...playing hard.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

2 comments:

Tara said...

That is great:) I need to be more positive with how I deal with things too....Hoping my ME time will help me with that:) I have that book and it's great:) Thanks for linking up and here's to a more positive, no stress New Year:)

4th Grade Frolics

The Science School Yard said...

Very inspirational! I feel very similar. I am high energy and need to be more positive. I also want to be a better teacher, parent, and wife. Love how you put it into words. I love blog hopping for this reason!

Happy New Year!

Renee at the Science School Yard