Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Currently

Well, we've made it to December.  Snow has fallen, the crisp winter air has returned, and I am enjoying my maternity leave sipping hot cocoa, listening to music, snuggling up with sweet baby Natalie.....and.....creating a new blog post for Farley's December Currently!


So, the bulk of my day consists of taking care of (now 1 month old) Natalie.  Between many bottles, diapers, and baths comes peace and quiet.  But only when Natalie is in her Fisher-Price Rainforest Friends Cradle n Swing'.  Thank you Fisher-Price.  If it wasn't for you I'd be a sleep deprived maniac.  Natalie loves her swing.  The music is actually soothing and relaxing for both mom and baby.  This week Natalie has been taking 3-4 hour naps in her swing providing me time to catch up on some zzzz's.  Not to mention, I finally have time to clean the house, start blogging and creating again.


I am also (finally) starting to incorporate a little exercise into my daily routine.  After months of partial bed rest, and the last few weeks recovering from a surprise c-section, I have been chomping at the bits to get out of this house.  I've finally been able to use my Planet Fitness membership and have been sneaking out to walk on the treadmill.  Planet Fitness is amazing.  They have TV's hooked to each treadmill so I an catch a little TV time while I work out.  


After I get cleared by the doctor in 2 weeks I plan on snagging the new Zumba Fitness World Party workout game for the Wii.  After 9 months of being Zumba free I...Can....Not....Wait!!!!


What are you waiting for?  Link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her December Currently!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE making gingerbread houses and Zumba. I go to a Zumba class every Tuesday just to get myself off of the elliptical machine and doing something fun!

Jessica
First Grade Nest

Ms.M from Teachingisagift said...

Your daughter is precious! Enjoy these moments...they are gone so fast! I too had bed rest and emergency C-section...13 (almost 14 now) years ago. The time has FLOWN by. I remember when Maddie was in a little swing like the one you have your precious bundle in. Take it easy on yourself and ease back into the fitness routine. Can't wait to see your interactive notebook on TpT.
Sidney
Teachingisagift

Erin said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous daughter! Happy Holidays!
Erin
Short and Sassy Teacher

Melissa said...

That baby too cute!! Kudos to you for already getting back in the gym. I had an emergency c-section with my son, and it was the pits recovering. My doctor had to keep reminding me that it was a major surgery and I had to take it slow. Hopefully you'll be cleared for Zumba soon. I love Zumba!!

Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
Follow me on Bloglovin!

Unknown said...

Congratulation again!! I'm so glad you are able start doing some of the things you enjoy most....babies are so much work but worth every second. :-)
I'm impressed that you have a gingerbread house tradition. We've tried but our just keep falling down!

Corrina
From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.