Monday, August 5, 2013

Give Me Five Classroom Display for Monday Made It

This week I decided to start working on my classroom posters and displays as well as classroom management and what tools I'd like to display in or around the classroom to assist with classroom management.

One of the many ways I get students attention throughout the school year is with the phrase, "Give Me 5."  I hold my hand up in the air and each finger represents something students should be doing to show me that they are actively listening to directions:

Body Still
Eyes Watching
Lips Zipped
Ears Listening
Brain Thinking

I decided to create a classroom display this year to hang in my room.  It will serve as a reminder for students or my expectations when I hold my hand up or say, "Give Me 5."



Want a copy?  You can download my Give Me 5 Classroom Display here in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.

Check out all the other Monday Made It's at Tara's Blog: 4th Grade Frolics!


Happy Monday!


7 comments:

Jennifer Laffin said...

Very clever sign! Love it!!

Jennifer
Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

Miss Nelson said...

super cute! Thanks for sharing.

Lindsay said...

This is so cute! I used "give me five" for years but just switched it up last year.

Lindsay

href="http://livelaughlearninsecondgrade.blogspot.com">Live Laugh & Learn in Second Grade

Jena Snowden said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing!!

Jena
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

Dani said...

Thank you for sharing!!!

-Dani
A Place to Thrive

DFrideley said...

I thought I recognized that font;)

I love your sign. Our previous administrator required us to do Give Me 5. Now we use pattern claps as a way to reinforce patterns.

Very cute! I pinned it for you:)
Deniece
This Little Piggy Reads

Alison Rose said...

Your Give Me 5 sign is super cute. We used to use Give Me 5 in my old school. I find myself still using it, eight years later.
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'