Monday, May 28, 2012

Endangered Animal Research

Wahoo...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  4 more weeks of school left.  (I'm sure those of you who are already out for the school year are snickering at my excitement.)

With the Common Core Standards, creeping up on us, I decided to stray away from personal narratives for a little while and dabble in nonfiction writing.  More specifically, animal research.

I allowed time for students to select an endangered animal and research it online.  Students filled out a graphic organizer, created a rough draft, edited, revised, and then.....drum roll please.....created a nonfiction picture book about their animal.








Citing resources and creating a bibliography page can be difficult for students.  So, I created a fill-in-the-blank template.

Interested in researching and writing an endangered animal picture book with your class?  Download all the resources and printables at my TpT store.

No comments: