Sunday, July 28, 2013

Back 2 School Link-Up: Favorite Read Alouds

Welcome back for week 3 of my Back 2 School Linky Party. Thanks to all who linked up last week. This week's topics is:  Back to School Read Alouds.


Here is a compilation of some of my favorite read alouds for the first week of school.



I selected books that focus on anything from summer vacation memories, to first day fears, hopes and dreams, goal setting, and inspirational teachers.














Check back often to see how I use some of these great books in my classroom.

What are your favorite read alouds for the first day, or week, or school?  Link up below with a post about your favorite read alouds (past or present) or a product you've created based on a read aloud that would work for back to school.


2 comments:

The Math Spot said...

Thanks for allowing past posts in your linky! I'm not quite up to picking out books for our first few days this year. With the new ELA modules (3rd grade starts out learning all about "Reading Superheroes" which is perfect) and repeat kiddos in my classroom I feel like I need to, to some degree, start from scratch this year! I'll certainly be coming back to get ideas!

Polka Dots & Teachng Tots

Flamingos and Butterflies said...

I LOVE The Tin Forest! Thanks for sharing such great read alouds.

I found a few new ones to add to my wish list! :)

Tina
Flamingos and Butterflies